Pokemon is a HUGE franchise but have you ever wondered just how huge? Well, when comparing top grosses up to 2018 across all media, which includes video games, home media, merchandise, and the like, you can see it is sitting pretty at the top even besting the likes of Star Wars, Mario, and Hello Kitty:
1. Pokemon (year of inception 1996), grossed $59.1 billion
2. Hello Kitty (1974) $50.3 billion
3. Star Wars (1977) $43.7 billion
4. Mickey Mouse & friends (1928) $35.7 billion
5. Mario (1981) $27.1 billion
That is quite astonishing especially given that the other franchises have been around MUCH longer.
Do you find this news shocking? Let us know your thoughts down below or come check out our great Community and join in the fun!
SourceCode, aka Lucas Hughes, is the creator/owner of Nintendo Playroom. He spends his days primarily as a husband/father/programmer/gamer. He loves all things Nintendo and is very passionate about the Nintendo community.